Students who encounter challenges in their studies due to their disabilities, illnesses or other difficulties can obtain additional support or equipment through contacting the Disabled Persons Office.
How do we help?
- Support of educational consultants, who offer:
- diagnostic interview,
- recognition of your possible special educational needs, problems and barriers,
- teaching tips for academics who teach you.
Technical support, including:
rental of digital and electronic equipment to assist specific disabilities,
assistance of sign language interpreters and translating devices,
specialist teaching infrastructure,
transport for persons in wheelchairs.
monthly scholarships for students with disabilities,
financial support for students in difficult situation,
covering the costs of individual organisation of studies.
Support of study assistants:
lecture and laboratory participation assistance (taking notes, practical exercises assistance, etc.).
- Organisation support:
adjusting exams to perception abilities of students with special needs,
specialised physical education,
specialized foreign language classes.
- Psychological support (in Polish and English):
in crisis and emergency,
life and educational coaching (in Polish),
fostering: self-awareness, learning processes, social and intellectual development, decision making.
- Addiction therapist support (in Polish).
- Career guidance.
Workshops and meetings with employers or entrepreneurs with disabilities.
Integration meetings, events, camps, festivals.
Office for Students with Disabilities
Academic Help Centre
Lodz University of Technology
116 Żeromskiego Street, Lodz, building A30 (Campus A)
phone: +48 42 631 28 87, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a physical, sensor or cognitive disability, a chronic disease, a mental disorder or experience other difficulties in studying:
- REGISTER at the Office For Students with Disabilities in order to obtain support and to receive further guidance and information on your eligibility for particular forms of assistance,
- SUBMIT an application for SCHOLARSHIP: if you have a disability certificate issued in Poland and you study at TUL under the conditions abiding to citizens of Poland. Please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities for specific rules, instructions and the form.
- TALK to our psychologist
You will book your first meeting via Academic Help Centre
- JOIN the Council of Students with Disabilities
- CONTACT the Coordinator for Special Needs Support at your faculty
List of Coordinators:
- Mechanical Engineering: dr Anna Karczemska, email@example.com
- Electrical, Electronic, Computer and Control Engineering: dr Piotr Urbanek, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chemical Engineering: dr Agnieszka Dziergowska, email@example.com
- Material Technologies and Textile Design Materiałowych i Wzornictwa Tekstyliów: dr inż. Lucyna Herczyńska, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biotechnology and Food Technology: dr Joanna Leszczyńska, email@example.com
- Civil Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Engineering: Dominika Kryńska-Nawrocka MSc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Physics, Information Technology and Applied Mathematics: dr Bożena Borowska, email@example.com
- Production Management and Engineering: dr Aleksandra Polak-Sopińska, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Process and Environmental Engineering: dr Joanna Marszałek, email@example.com
- International Faculty of Engineering: Agata Kaźmierczak MA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language Centre: Agata Rodak MA, email@example.com
- Sports Centre: Rafał Bieniek MA, firstname.lastname@example.org