The staff of the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are constantly taking active measures to acquire new funds to co-finance university technologies. TUL has participated in the following ministerial programmes:
- "Innovation Incubator 4.0" implemented in the years 2020 - 2022
Lodz University of Technology, as the leader of the project submitted together with the Jan Długosz University of Humanities and Sciences in Częstochowa, has received a grant of PLN 1,899,100 (including PLN 1,179,100 for TUL) to directly support research work readily applied in industry. The project was classified on the second place of the ranking list among 37 evaluated projects, just after the University of Warsaw.
This is the third project implemented by TUL which supports the process of managing the research and development work results, mainly in the scope of their commercialisation.
- Lodz University of Technology is the leader of the "Innovation Incubator 2.0" project, financed from European funds by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. This is the second edition of the Programme, which is a continuation of the "Innovation Incubator +" Programme. The project is carried out as part of a consortium with the participation of the Jan Długosz University of Humanities and Sciences from Częstochowa.
The aim of the programme is to support the process of managing the research and development work results, in particular in the scope of commercialisation. It is also intended to strengthen initiatives promoting scientific achievements, thus increasing their impact on the development of innovation, and to strengthen cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment.
- "Innovation Incubator+" implemented in 2017 - 2019
The aim of the project "Innovation Incubator +" is to promote scientific achievements, increase their impact on the development of innovation and strengthen cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment. Project value: PLN 2 660 164.00.
Estimated completion date for the project tasks: 31 January 2019
The unit responsible for the project on the part of Lodz University of Technology is the Technology Transfer Section.
The following measures will be implemented under the project:
initiating and strengthening cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment, including searching for entities interested in implementing the research and development work results, through the promotion of the technological offer and participation in exhibitions and fairs of the "science to business" type;
preparation of commercialisation projects for research and development work results, including in particular the analysis of the market potential of inventions and the analysis of their readiness for implementation, as well as the valuation of industrial property rights;
technology portfolio management, including in particular:
a) monitoring and analysing research or development work results in terms of their practical usefulness,
b) market needs analyses to select topics of research or development work as well as research on the state of the art before starting research or work,
c) maintaining a database of research projects which are under way, the results achieved and the possibility of their practical application,
d) analysis of the possibility of obtaining patent protection and the possibility of commercialising research and development work results before their publication;
- conducting pre-implementation work, including additional laboratory tests or adapting the invention to the needs of the interested buyer, the cost of which may not exceed PLN 100,000;
- appointment of Innovation Brokers acting as intermediaries operating in specific areas of knowledge, responsible for establishing cooperation between the scientific community and the economic environment, which will lead to the application of the research results in specific market solutions.